Do you feel annoyed when you have to adjust your heat and air conditioner in your home? Are you a do-it-yourself and you always remember to set up a suitable temperature for your home? Have you ever thought that you should install the best wifi thermostat to make everything convenient? One remarkable thing is that you can control the temperature in your home with a smart thermostat from anywhere and anytime. Well, you need to learn something that is necessary for the thermostat when controlling via iPhone.
- A programmable thermostat connected to your smart home automation system
- A router and Internet service
- A modular home automation controller module that will relay your requests to the thermostat
- An iPhone home automation app that is adaptable with the thermostat and other components of the system.
Ways to adjust the thermostat from your iPhone
- You need to install the thermostat according to instructions that are suitable for your unit.
- Then apply the controller – search for a wall outlet near your Internet service router. Remember to connect the controller to the router availing an Ethernet cable and then plug the controller into the wall outlet.
- I recommend adding remote lighting control in setting up the smart home automation system. So, you should have a plug-in remote lamp control module for every lamp you want to adjust.
- Next, download an iPhone home automation app
- Finally, synch and connect all the components together through following instructions. Read more about best programmable thermostat here
When you leave home for a holiday, you are able to set the thermostat down to an energy-and-money-saving temperature. And when you come back home and want to set the temperature up, just take your iPhone and use the app so that you can reset the temperature and make your home have your desired temperature.
Your request will come back home with the Internet and access to the controller. Then the controller will send it out throughout the home. For instance, if you had Insteon automation components, your requests will be spread both wirelessly and over the existing power wiring in the house. This dual-mesh approach will raise the flexibility and reliability of the system. The thermostat will take your requests and reacts accordingly, and the home will warm up or cool by itself.
In addition, you are able to control other devices in your home as outdoor post lamp, outdoor garden fountain, or lightning in the backyard. Or even, you can adjust you window air conditioner, water heater, set up a remote freeze alarm, etc. Of course, if you like, you also remote curtain control, home theater operation and much more. Well, all will be controlled from your iPhone. How do you feel, the easy home automation will make your home living better, safer and convenient. Finally, it’s always fun, right?